Friday, January 13, 2012

Filming in Airsoft

How to film an airsoft war is a question that myself and countless others have asked. If you have a nice digital camera or even an iPhone, how do you keep it protected from scores of BBs flying you? If it got hit that could mean a broken screen, button, lens, etc.

For a while I'd thought about having glass to go over the lens, and then a box with a machine screw in the bottom to act as a tripod mount. There are circular holes in the sides of the box to allow for sound, and these are covered by computer fan covers.

For an iPhone/iPod Touch (4g), a small wooden perimeter with pieces of glass on both sides would protect the camera and the screen. Letting sound through via small holes in the perimeter would is probably the way to go.

I'm going to build one of each for my digital camera and iPod Touch (which will hopefully soon be replaced by an iPhone :-). If you guys have any comments or suggestions, comment here or email me! I appreciate those of you who have given feedback via email, it's cool to get in touch!

Laters,

--Ghost

No comments: